Montgomery County Juvenile Defense Attorney
Attorney James Sullivan is Board Certified in Juvenile Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2004. He is a recognized expert in the highly specialized area of juvenile law. In Texas, there are only 38 lawyers such certified lawyers in private practice. Sullivan also graduated from Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College, the most selective and prestigious trial advocacy program in America.
Juvenile Law Is Not Criminal Law
Juvenile Law is different than criminal law. Many criminal defense lawyers advertise that they are also juvenile defense lawyers, yet they may never have tried a juvenile case to a jury. In order to hold oneself out as a true expert in Juvenile Law, a lawyer has to be Board Certified in juvenile law. To become Board Certified, an attorney must:
- have been licensed to practice law for at least five years,
- devoted a required percentage of practice to a specialty area for at least three years,
- handled a wide variety of matters in the area to demonstrate experience and involvement (including at least 3 jury trials, 5 non-jury trials and 3 certification hearings),
- attended continuing education seminars regularly to keep legal training up to date,
- been evaluated by fellow lawyers and judges, and
- passed a 6-hour written examination.
If your child needs a juvenile defense lawyer, contact Conroe Attorney James Sullivan at (281) 546-6428.