James (Jim) Sullivan and Associates are experienced Houston Criminal Defense Trial Attorneys (see Trial Case Results). Board Certified in Juvenile Law, Jim Sullivan has a proven record of successfully defending people from many different ethnic backgrounds, faiths and countries throughout Texas in criminal and juvenile courts (see Client Reviews). With over 40 combined years of Criminal and Juvenile Defense experience, Jim Sullivan and Associates have fought for the rights of their clients no matter their background or circumstances.
Houston Criminal Defense Lawyers Jim Sullivan and Associates represent real people accused of serious felony offenses, such as the Trafficking of Persons. Hire an experienced Houston criminal defense trial attorney to get the best possible result.
Jim Sullivan cares about his clients and gets proven results (see Case Results). He frequently counsels with clients at his office for hours at a time. He listens to their concerns, answers all of their questions and discusses legal strategies. He also explains how a criminal conviction could affect them, how to avoid having a conviction on their record, and how to get on the right path for a successful life. Because Jim Sullivan understands that people need to honor work and family commitments, he offers evening, weekend and same day appointments along with free parking.
Jim Sullivan cares for his clients and is appreciative of those who were thoughtful and took the time to send him a note of gratitude (see Client Reviews).
"As an attorney, Jim Sullivan is low profile, down to earth, insightful, and most importantly, effective. I had met with other attorneys that presented a tough and flashy image and claimed to be the best in town, but I chose Jim because I trusted his integrity, capability and sincerity to do his best in representing me in the criminal case (theft) that was charged against me. I was proven to have made a sound judgment - Jim had my case totally dismissed without a trial setting, two months after the charge was made against me. From what I have observed, Jim does not just apply a standard formula to a case and then proceed in the legal system’s 'production line.' Instead, he thinks outside the box and he catches details that are critical to properly define the nature of an event and he goes on to break through a seemingly impossible situation. Jim is a very good attorney, a good man and a true blessing." ~Kay, Houston, Texas (Yahoo Directory Review)
If you need a Houston Criminal Defense Attorney, you can call Jim Sullivan right now at 281-546-6428.
Texas Penal Code, Section 30.02 - Burglary
(a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, the person:
- (1) enters a habitation, or a building (or any portion of a building) not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault; or
- (2) remains concealed, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault, in a building or habitation; or
- (3) enters a building or habitation and commits or attempts to commit a felony, theft, or an assault.
(b) For purposes of this section, "enter" means to intrude:
- (1) any part of the body; or
- (2) any physical object connected with the body.
(c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a:
- (1) state jail felony if committed in a building other than a habitation; or
- (2) felony of the second degree if committed in a habitation.
(d) An offense under this section is a felony of the first degree if:
- (1) the premises are a habitation; and
- (2) any party to the offense entered the habitation with intent to commit a felony other than felony theft or committed or attempted to commit a felony other than felony theft.